Herb Baked Eggs
INGREDIENTS AND PROCEDURE
- Chopped fresh shallots
- A medley of fresh herbs chopped,
- (basil, parsley, thyme, chives)
- Some quartered grape tomatoes
- Gererously buttered ramekins
- 1 or 2 eggs per ramekin
- 1 tablespoon cream or half and half per ramekin
- 1 teaspoon shredded parmesan cheese per ramekin
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Put butter in a ramekin placed on baking sheet and place in the oven to melt the butter and then use that butter to brush the other ramekins thoroughly
- Sprinkle half of the shallot, herb and tomato mixture at bottom of each ramekin
- Crack and egg in each and pour 1 tablespoon of cream over each egg, salt and pepper to taste, top with remaining tomao herb mixture, then a little Parmesan over each
- Place baking sheet with ramekins in the oven for 15 minutes.
"Guests are encouraged to linger and chat--it feels very family-like."
"Breakfast is delightful...the food delicious and company engaging."
"The breakfast was sumptuous and delicious--fresh cherry almond scones, goat cheese & asparagus quiche"
"Breakfasts are a joy, with delicious food, friendly conversation and lots of tips. Their advice on what to see and do is welcome, timely and accurate."
"The view from breakfast was amazing... a lovely pastoral setting across the road with horses, deer and geese."
"Conversation was multidimensional and most interesting. We ate and chatted with other guests, and the Innkeepers each morning for at least an hour and a half. It was wonderful."
"Country breakfast! O boy: fantastico. The real deal: artfully and beautifully created and prepared, and served."
"Every breakfast was more than abundant! We love staying at B&Bs for the people we meet from all over the world and the lively conversations around the family style breakfasts."
"One delicious course after another after another after another . . . We enjoyed talking with other guests at the big dining table and in the cozy living room."