Butternut Squash Frittata
INGREDIENTS AND PROCEDURE
- Serves 6-8
- Cut about 2 1/2- 3 cups of Butternut squash into 1/2 inch cubes, place in covered bowl and microwave ’til tender- about 3-4minutes
- Sautee 1/2 a medium onion in an oven proof 10′ or 12″skillet until softened
- Add baby kale/ greens mix, also sautee ’til wilted season with garlic salt, pepper
- In separate bowl: Mix 12 large eggs, beaten
- Add 1/2 cup of milk
- About 1 cup diced cheeses of your choosing- we like smoked gouda, or gruyere, extra sharp white cheddar or swiss.
- Season with salt and Pepper and a little bit of grated nutmeg
- Add the now fork tender Butternut squash cubes to the kale and onions
- Pour over with the seasoned egg, milk and cheese mixture
- Scooch ingredients around in pan so they are evenly ditributed.
- Bake at 350 for about 35 minutes
"Guests are encouraged to linger and chat--it feels very family-like."
"Breakfast is delightful...the food delicious and company engaging."
"The breakfast was sumptuous and delicious--fresh cherry almond scones, goat cheese & asparagus quiche"
"Breakfasts are a joy, with delicious food, friendly conversation and lots of tips. Their advice on what to see and do is welcome, timely and accurate."
"The view from breakfast was amazing... a lovely pastoral setting across the road with horses, deer and geese."
"Conversation was multidimensional and most interesting. We ate and chatted with other guests, and the Innkeepers each morning for at least an hour and a half. It was wonderful."
"Country breakfast! O boy: fantastico. The real deal: artfully and beautifully created and prepared, and served."
"Every breakfast was more than abundant! We love staying at B&Bs for the people we meet from all over the world and the lively conversations around the family style breakfasts."
"One delicious course after another after another after another . . . We enjoyed talking with other guests at the big dining table and in the cozy living room."