Baked French Pear Pancake Recipe
INGREDIENTS AND PROCEDURE
- Makes 1 Large custardy Pancake for 6 portions
- One 15 oz. Can of sliced pears in pear juice
- ½ Cup (slightly heaping)All Purpose Flour (can be gluten free: Almond, Millet)
- ½ Cup (or less) light brown sugar
- 5 xLarge Eggs
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Vanilla extract
- 1/8 Teaspoon Salt
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- About 10 fresh or frozen raspberries
- A round ovenproof metal pan 10” across the bottom, sides about 2” high.
- Preheat oven to 375
- Drain pears in a strainer set over a measuring cup and reserve ¾ cupof syrup.
- Slice pears to ½ inch thick at base, removing blemishes.
- Put Eggs first, then Flour, Sugar, Vanilla, Salt into a food processor or blender.
- Process to a smooth, thick batter, scraping sides once or twice.
- Add 2 Tablespoons butter and the reserved pear syrup to the batter.
- Process to incorporate. Put the remaining 1 Tablespoon of butter in pan on
- Stovetop to melt. Pour batter into hot pan, arrange pears and berries
- In the batter and bake uncovered for about 30 minutes,
- Until golden brown and fluffy.
"Guests are encouraged to linger and chat--it feels very family-like."
"Breakfast is delightful...the food delicious and company engaging."
"The breakfast was sumptuous and delicious--fresh cherry almond scones, goat cheese & asparagus quiche"
"Breakfasts are a joy, with delicious food, friendly conversation and lots of tips. Their advice on what to see and do is welcome, timely and accurate."
"The view from breakfast was amazing... a lovely pastoral setting across the road with horses, deer and geese."
"Conversation was multidimensional and most interesting. We ate and chatted with other guests, and the Innkeepers each morning for at least an hour and a half. It was wonderful."
"Country breakfast! O boy: fantastico. The real deal: artfully and beautifully created and prepared, and served."
"Every breakfast was more than abundant! We love staying at B&Bs for the people we meet from all over the world and the lively conversations around the family style breakfasts."
"One delicious course after another after another after another . . . We enjoyed talking with other guests at the big dining table and in the cozy living room."