Yummy Gluten Free/ Vegan Apple Bread
INGREDIENTS AND PROCEDURE
- 1 1/2 Cups Gluten-Free Flour Mix (We use Bob’s Red Mill)
- 2 Teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons Ground Flax mixed with 3 Tablespoons Warm Water (Note equals 1 large Egg)
- 1 Cup Coconut Sugar (or 3/4 Cup Organic Sugar)
- 1/2 Cup Melted Coconut Oil, and a bit more for brushing top of loaf
- 1 Cup Peeled and Shredded Apple (2 Medium Sized Apples)
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees. Grease 9x4 Loaf Pan.
- Sift Gluten Free Flour mix into a large bowl, add Cinnamon, Baking Soda, Baking Powder and Sea Salt, mix well to combine.
- Mix the Ground Flax and Warm Water in a small bowl. Add, Sugar, Apple and Coconut Oil, stir well to combine, by hand.
- Add Wet to Dry ingredients and stir gently until just combined. Pour into prepared pan and bake at 350 for 20 minutes and remove and brush top with more coconut oil.
- Return to oven for another 15-20 minutes, use cake tester to confirm doneness, Should come out clean.
- Let Cool in Pan, Remove and Serve with Apple Butter. Enjoy!
"Guests are encouraged to linger and chat--it feels very family-like."
"Breakfast is delightful...the food delicious and company engaging."
"The breakfast was sumptuous and delicious--fresh cherry almond scones, goat cheese & asparagus quiche"
"Breakfasts are a joy, with delicious food, friendly conversation and lots of tips. Their advice on what to see and do is welcome, timely and accurate."
"The view from breakfast was amazing... a lovely pastoral setting across the road with horses, deer and geese."
"Conversation was multidimensional and most interesting. We ate and chatted with other guests, and the Innkeepers each morning for at least an hour and a half. It was wonderful."
"Country breakfast! O boy: fantastico. The real deal: artfully and beautifully created and prepared, and served."
"Every breakfast was more than abundant! We love staying at B&Bs for the people we meet from all over the world and the lively conversations around the family style breakfasts."
"One delicious course after another after another after another . . . We enjoyed talking with other guests at the big dining table and in the cozy living room."