Olde Rhinebeck Inn
Seasonal Slideshows

History
A classic example of an Early American Telescoping Colonial Farmhouse, the home that is now the Olde Rhinbeck Inn was built in stages. The dining room was built in 1740 by Johann Michael Pultz, a German Palatine,
who became a tenant farmer to local land baron, Henry Beekman.

Through the Generations
As his family grew and the farm prospered,

Pultz and his wife added one room to the home at a time – every 5 to 10 years. They raised 12 children here, and the house remained in the family for 12 generations (or 234 years). In 1760, they carved out a piece of land to start the Wurtemburg Lutheran Church. Everyone who lived in the house is buried in the church’s graveyard.


Home phone: 845-871-1745

340 Wurtemburg Road   |   Rhinebeck, NY 12572   |   Telephone: 845-871-1745

site by Rare Brick